Terms and conditions of use
Welcome to Give What You’re Good At site. Please read the following website Terms and Conditions, which apply to the general use of the website at “www.givewhatyouregoodat.co.uk” and other Give What You're Good At sites (collectively the “Site”). By using the Site you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. From time to time Give What You're Good At may change these Terms and Conditions, and will post any such revision on its Site and you will be deemed to have agreed to any amended Terms and Conditions when you next use this Site following any amendment. Read these Terms and Conditions regularly and that if you do not accept them, do not use this Site.
If this Agreement is being entered into by an individual on his or her own behalf, “you” is defined to be that individual person. If this Agreement is being entered on behalf of a charity, such as an employer or charitable organisation, “you” is defined to be that charity, and the individual entering this agreement on behalf of that charity represents and warrants that he or she has the authority to do so on the charity’s behalf. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, do not use the Site or Give What You’re Good At services (“Services”).
Services consist of the following: a service for volunteers (“Volunteer Service”), a service for charitable organisations (“charitable organisations Service”). Give What You’re Good At may offer additional services and revise any of the Services or the Site, at its discretion, and this Agreement will apply to all additional services, revised Services, and the revised Site. Give What You’re Good At also reserves the right to cease offering any of the Services or the Site.
This Agreement is subject to modification by Give What You’re Good At in its sole discretion at any time. Your continued use of this Site or Services after the posting of revisions to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of revisions.
You must be at least 18 years old to register for Give What You’re Good At’s website and service.
By registering to use the charitable organisation Service, you represent that you are an authorised employee or official representative of the registered charity, social enterprise, company, or nonprofit group. If you are not an authorised employee or official representative, you are not authorised to register to use the charitable organisation service or any other charitable organisation service.
License to Posted Content
By posting information or content to the Site, you automatically grant, represent and warrant that you have the authority to grant, to Give What You’re Good At, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content.
Use of Site and Services
As a user of the Site and/or Services, you agree to the following:
You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding
(a) the information and content you contribute to the Site and/or Services and
(b) your interactions (limited to asking questions of volunteer projects) with other users through the Site and/or Services.
Risk Assumption and Precautions
You assume all risk when using the Site or Services, including but not limited to risks associated with any online and offline interactions with others.
You will promptly pay any fees associated with your use of the Site and/or Services as agreed upon with Give What You’re Good At.
Reporting of Violations
You will promptly report to Give What You’re Good At any violation of the Agreement by others.
Third Party Content
Content available on the Site or as part of the Services may be supplied by other users of the Site and/or Services and by other third parties. Any content, services, offers, or other information expressed or made available by third parties are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of Give What You’re Good At. Give What You’re Good At does not endorse or assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any content, opinion, advice, information, or statement made on the Site or as part of the Services.
Give What You’re Good At reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor, modify, or remove the information or content you submit to the Site and/or Services.
In accessing any part of this website, you agree:
- not to use this website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of this website by other users;
- not to upload, display or transmit any materials through this website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world;
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of this website or attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; and
- not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on this website and entered by or relating to any third party user of this website.
Material contained in this website may be downloaded, viewed and printed for personal use or internal circulation within your organisation provided that no trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on such material are removed in whole or in part. Material contained in this website may not otherwise be copied, reproduced or redistributed in whole or in part without our prior written consent. All other rights are reserved and users must seek our permission before making any other use of material contained in this website.
No False Information
You will not provide inaccurate or false information to Give What You’re Good At, any user, or others.
Registration and Profile
You may be required to register and maintain a profile in connection with your use of the Site and/or Services. You agree to submit accurate and truthful information during registration and maintain the accuracy of such information. You may be required to establish a username and password. You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for any activity that occurs as a result of your enabling or permitting another individual or group to use your username, password, or profile. It is your responsibility to notify Give What You’re Good At if your password is lost or stolen, if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username, password, or profile, or if you become aware of any breach of security that might affect the Site or the Services.
No Advertising or Commerical Solicitation
You agree not to advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Site and/or Services without Give What You’re Good At’s prior written consent. You agree not to use any information obtained from the Site and/or Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, make offers to, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
The Site and/or Services may include links to other websites or applications (“Third Party Site”). We do not control or endorse any Third Party Site. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or content of such Third Party Sites.
If anyone brings a claim against Give What You’re Good At, related companies, suppliers, licensors, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, or representatives of each of them (together with Give What You’re Good At, the “Give What You’re Good At Affiliates”) related to your actions, content, or information on the Site or in connection with the Services, or any third party using your account, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. The Give What You’re Good At Affiliates reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defence of the claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Give What You’re Good At.
Disclaimer of Warranty
- No Warranties. This section will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Give What You’re Good At provides the Services with reasonable skill and care, and except as expressly provided in this Agreement, does not make or grant (and hereby excludes) any warranties, representations, conditions or terms of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise with respect to the Services or the Site (including all information contained therein), including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Give What You’re Good At does not warrant that your use of the Services will be secure, uninterrupted, always available, error-free or will meet your requirements, or that any defects in the Services will be corrected. Give What You’re Good At disclaims liability for, and no warranty, representation, condition or other term is made with respect to, the connectivity and availability of the Services.
- Third Party Content. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by Give What You’re Good At, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Give What You’re Good At does not: (i) warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information provided on the Site or the Services, or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party other than Give What You’re Good At. Under no circumstances will Give What You’re Good At be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on information or other content posted on the Site or the Services, or transmitted to or by any users.
- Beta Site. This site is currently in beta form. Give What You’re Good At offers it solely for experimental purposes and without any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express, implied or collateral, and may be modified or discontinued at Give What You’re Good At’s sole discretion. The provisions of this Disclaimer of Warranty section apply with full force to such features or tools.
Limitation of Liability
- Incidental Damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Give What You’re Good At be liable for any loss of profits or for any incidental, special, consequential or indirect damages arising out of or relating, directly or indirectly, to the use or inability to use the Site or Services, including, without limitation, damages for loss or corruption of data or programs, service interruptions and procurement of substitute services, even if Give What You’re Good At knows or has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Aggregate Liability. Under no circumstances will Give What You’re Good At’s aggregate liability, in any form of action whatsoever in connection with this Agreement or the use of the Services or the Site, exceed the price paid by you for your account, or, if you have not paid for the use of any Services, the amount of £25.00 or its equivalent.
- No Liability for non-Give What You’re Good At Actions. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Give What You’re Good At be liable for any claims, losses or damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Site or Services, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other claims, losses or damages resulting from communications or meetings with other Registered Users of the Services. This includes any claims, losses or damages arising from the conduct of users who have registered under false pretenses or who attempt to defraud or harm you.
- Information Verification. Give What You’re Good At and its contractors may use various ways of verifying information that users have provided. However, none of those ways are perfect, and you agree that Give What You’re Good At and its contractors will have no liability to you arising from any incorrectly verified information.
- No Exclusions. Nothing in this Agreement shall limit or exclude Give What You’re Good At's liability for (i) death or personal injury arising from Give What You’re Good At's negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentations by Give What You’re Good At.
Health and safety
If a volunteer attends a site, building or office operated by a user of the charitable service, said user assumes all liability in relation to health and safety.
Criminal Record Bureau Checks
Give What You’re Good At does not offer criminal records bureau checks. Our projects are designed so that these checks are not needed. If a person should need to meet beneficiaries or access sensitive materials to complete your project, please specify this in your original request and please be aware any cost will be payable by the organisation.
Term and Termination
This Agreement will become effective upon your acceptance of the Agreement by your access or use of the Site and/or Services and will remain in effect unless terminated by Give What You’re Good At. You may remove your account at any time by sending us email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Give What You’re Good At may remove your account at any time, for any reason.
From time to time we may use data collected from this site to inform policy and best practise.
Specific Terms Controlling the Volunteer Service
Payment before listing
Give What You're Good At will not list any project before the membership fee has been paid. Where the project is listed on our site for more than 4 weeks, the membership fee is non-refundable instead you will be able to launch one free project.
The Volunteer Service does not guarantee a volunteer match or placement.
You agree to notify Give What You’re Good At if you need to terminate your volunteer project within 14 days of a charitable organisation accepting you as a volunteer match. If you do not notify us within the 14-day period and fail to complete such project, we reserve the right to terminate your account.
Pro Bono Impact Assessment
Upon completion of a volunteer project, you agree to complete Give What You’re Good At’s project review form accurately and to the best of your ability.
You agree to abide by the terms set out in our pro bono best practise manual and the terms outlined in your individual volunteer agreement per project.
You agree that intellectual property created during the course of a Give What You’re Good At project is the exclusive property of the charitable organisation.
The first 50 volunteers users who complete the first 50 projects will receive 20 Blue Dots. To be remedied in accordance with Blue Dot World’s Terms and conditions.
Specific Terms Controlling the Charitable Organisation Service
The charitable organisation Service does not guarantee a volunteer match.
3 working day Rematch Period
You agree to notify Give What You’re Good At if you need to be re-matched to a new volunteer within 3 working days of approving the match. If you do not notify us within the 3 working day period, you agree that any fees charged will not be refunded and you will not qualify for a free re-match.
Upon completion of a volunteer project, you agree to complete Give What You’re Good At’s impact assessment form accurately and to the best of your ability.
The Site and Services may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended, or discontinued at any time without notice to you or liability to the Give What You’re Good At Affiliates. If you object to any modifications, your sole recourse is to stop using the Site or Services. Continued use of the Site or Services following modifications shall indicate your acknowledgement of such modifications and agreement to use the Site and Services as modified.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s)
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Effective date: 20 February 2012