Preservation of your privacy is important to Give What You’re Good At. We are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information. We are a registered member of The Office of the Information Commissioner and committed to upholding the highest standards of data protection.
1. Information about you
(a) We may collect personal information from you when you:
• Create or update a Profile;
• Post content to the Website;
• Enquire about the Website, our services, current Opportunities and/or about Give What You’re Good At;
• Request or share information through the Website;
• register for any of our mailing lists or events through the Website; and/or
• contact us through the Website, or any other channel.
(b) This personal information may include but is not limited to the following information about you:
• your name (including your first name(s) and surname);
• your date of birth;
• your email address;
• your postcode;
• your phone number;
• other details about you that you or others provide to us
• links to your social media accounts including Linkedin, Facebook or Twitter
• photos of you.
• your educational history
• your employment history
• your interests
We may also ask for or collect some non-personal information from you.
2. Our use of this information
(a) Your personal information will only be used by us to:
• process your application(s)/ requests;
• respond to your questions or comments;
• provide or administer activities relating to Give What You’re Good At services or the services offered on the Website, including the current opportunities;
• display your Profile or Content on the website or any other website owned or operated by Give What You’re Good At (except where you have opted for your Profile to be personal, in which case your Content will not be displayed on any other website);
• provide you with information relating to the Website or our services, or that we feel may be of interest to you;
• maintain our organisational records;
• carry out research including evaluation carried out for us by another organisation or prepare reports; and
• supply your information to third parties as described in paragraph 2 (c) below
(b) If you do not want to receive information from us email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject field.
(c) Any personal information that you provide when you use the Website may be shared with third parties even if you have opted for a private Profile, including but not limited to:
i. providers of support services to Give What You’re Good At, but only if the sharing of your personal information is necessary for the purpose of delivering our service;
ii. Providers, where you have expressed an interest in or have applied for one of their Opportunities, but only for the purpose of delivering the service;
iv. companies or organisations that are carrying out work on Give What You’re Good At’s behalf, in relation to the service
(d) If you wish Give What You’re Good At to remove your Profile or Content from the Website please Contact Us by email at email@example.com.
(a) We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of information you give us.
(b) Communications in connection with the Website and its content may be sent to you by us by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot guarantee this.
Give What You’re Good At takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information but where third parties are concerned accepts no liability for any misuse of your personal information by third parties and you therefore proceed at your own risk.
(a) A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a website user’s computer hard drive by a website. There are several types of cookie.
(b) The types of cookie we use are “session cookies”, which keep track of information you have entered or looked at as you travel from page to page within the Website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a short time of you leaving the Website.
(d) Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
5. Other Information
(a) If you would like us to correct or update any information about you, then please email us at info@Givewhatyouregoodat.co.uk